WD Red WD101EFAX 10 TB Hard Drive - 3.5" Internal - SATA (SATA/600) - WD101EFAX
- Part Number #
- In Stock
Manufacturer: Western Digital Corporation
Manufacturer Part Number: WD101EFAX
Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.wdc.com
Brand Name: WD
Product Line: Red
Product Model: WD101EFAX
Product Name: Red 10TB NAS Hard Drive
Fill your NAS with WD Red™, then fill it with awesome.
There's a leading edge WD Red™ drive for every compatible NAS system to help fulfill your data storage needs. With drives up to 14TB, WD Red™ drives offer a wide array of solutions for customers looking to build a NAS storage solution. Built for single-bay to 8-bay NAS systems, WD Red™ drives pack the power to store your precious data in one powerhouse unit. With WD Red™ drives, you're ready for what's next.
Exclusive NASware 3.0
Not just any drive will do. In single-bay to 8-bay NAS systems, WD Red™ drives raise the bar. Get as much as 112TB capacity, and with WD's exclusive NASware 3.0 technology, you can optimize every single one of them. Built into every WD Red™ hard drive, NASware 3.0's advanced technology improves your system's storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability.
Built for optimum NAS compatibility
Desktop drives aren't purpose-built for NAS. But WD Red™ drives with NASware technology are. Our exclusive technology takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. WD Red™ drives are for small NAS systems, and our unique algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments. Simply put, a WD Red™ drive is one of the most compatible drives available for NAS enclosures. But don't take our word for it. WD Red™ drives are a reflection of extensive NAS partner technology engagement and compatibility-testing resulting in a leading compatibility list for NAS systems.
Desktop drives vs. WD Red™
In a Network Attached Storage device, a desktop hard drive is not typically designed for NAS environments. Do right by your NAS and choose the drive designed for NAS with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Without being tested for compatibility with your NAS system, optimum performance is not guaranteed.
- Reliability: The always-on environment of a NAS or RAID is a hot one. And desktop drives aren't typically designed and tested under those conditions. WD Red™ drives are.
- Error recovery controls: WD Red™ NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system. Desktop drives are not typically designed for RAID environments.
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives typically offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration present in a multi-drive system. WD Red™ drives are designed for multi-bay NAS systems.
WD Red for Home
Stream, backup, share, and organize your digital content at home with a NAS and WD Red™ drives designed to effortlessly share content with the devices in your home. NASware 3.0 technology increases your drives' compatibility with your devices, TV, stereo, and more. Live in a connected world.
WD Red for Small Business
Businesses thrive on productivity and efficiency - two of the guiding principles built into the design of WD Red™ drives. It's the hard drive of choice for 1 to 8 bay systems. NASware 3.0 technology allows for seamless integration with your existing network so WD Red™ can share and backup files at the speed of your business. And for larger businesses with up to 16 bays, count on WD Red Pro™ drives.
Product Type: Hard Drive
Storage Capacity: 10 TB
Spindle Speed (rpm): 5400
Buffer: 256 MB
Network & Communication
Wireless LAN: No
Drive Interface: SATA
Drive Interface Standard: SATA/600
Operating Power Consumption: 8.40 W
Drive Type: Internal
Form Factor: 3.5"
Weight (Approximate): 1.65 lb
Device Supported: Storage System
Environmentally Friendly: Yes
Environmental Certification: RoHS
Read Before Orderings
- Product images are for illustrative purposes only and the final product delivered may vary from the one shown above.
- In some cases, a product sold may arrive in different packaging than its original retail box. For bulk orders that are packaged together, product manuals or CDs may not always be available for each item.
- At checkout, the shipping cost is a general estimate which is subject to change depending on size/weight/quantity of ordered goods.
- Orders that contain end of life (EOL) products that are no longer in production may be replaced by a compatible product with the same FRU number offering same functionality.
- Refurbished printers may not have full ink cartridges or laser toners.
- Once an order is processed at our warehouse, it cannot be cancelled. A returned order will likely incur a restocking fee. See RMA page for details about restocking fees.
- Please note if you are concerned about any of the above conditions or have any question at all, we highly recommend that you contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-615-6227 before placing an order.