Tripp Lite MTP/MPO Parallel Optics Base-8 Fiber Adapter OM4 Polarity C to B - N846-08N-C2B
- Tripp Lite
- Part Number #
- In Stock
Manufacturer: Tripp Lite
Manufacturer Part Number: N846-08N-C2B
Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.tripplite.com
Brand Name: Tripp Lite
Product Model: N846-08N-C2B
Product Name: N846-08N-C2B Fiber Optic Duplex Patch Network Cable
The N846-08N-C2B MTP/MPO Parallel Optics Base-8 Migration Fiber Adapter (M/F) is an eight-inch patch cable that supports 40 Gb Ethernet speeds and is designed for high-density connections between network equipment in telecommunication rooms and data centers. It saves you time and money by converting legacy 12-fiber Method C cables to Method B Polarity for compatibility with Parallel Optics fiber mapping in Base-8 40GBASE-SR4 and 100GBASE-SR4 applications.
It's colored magenta for instant identification as an OM4 cable. The N846-08N-C2B is ideal for use with high-density feed-through cassettes, such as Tripp Lite's N482 and N484 Series.
The cable has documented insertion loss and back reflection testing on every connector and attenuation loss that meets or exceeds current standards. The push/pull tab connector makes the cable easy to install and remove with one hand.
Backward compatible with existing 50/125 fiber, the N846-08N-C2B has 50/125 duplex (zipcord) fiber made from glass, as well as a plenum-rated OFNP jacket for connecting network components in drop ceilings, walls and ducts.
OM4-Rated for 40 Gb Ethernet Applications
- Designed to extend high-density connections between network equipment in telecommunication rooms and data centers
- Converts legacy 12-fiber Method C Polarity cables to Method B Polarity for use in Base-8 applications
- Supports speeds up to 40 GbE/100 GbE
- Backward compatible with existing 50/125 fiber
- Magenta-colored for identification as an OM4 cable
MTP/MPO Connectors with Push/Pull Tab
- 12-fiber male/female connectors
- Push/pull tab connector easy to install and remove with one hand
- 100% tested for low insertion loss and back reflection
Error-Free Signal Transfer
- 50/125 duplex glass fiber construction
- Meets current IEEE 802.3ae and TIA standards
- Plenum-rated OFNP jacket perfect for ceilings, walls and ducts
- Jacket features serial number for quality control and traceability
Product Type: Network Cable
Cable Type: Fiber Optic
Cable Characteristic: Patch Cable
Core/Cladding Diameter: 50/125 µm
Cable Length: 8"
Connector on First End: 1 x MTP/MPO Male Network
Connector on Second End: 1 x MTP/MPO Female Network
Device Supported: Network Device
Data Transfer Rate: 100 Gbit/s
Environmentally Friendly: Yes
Environmental Certification: RoHS
Read Before Orderings
- Product images are for illustrative purposes only and the final product delivered may vary from the one shown above.
- In some cases, a product sold may arrive in different packaging than its original retail box. For bulk orders that are packaged together, product manuals or CDs may not always be available for each item.
- At checkout, the shipping cost is a general estimate which is subject to change depending on size/weight/quantity of ordered goods.
- Orders that contain end of life (EOL) products that are no longer in production may be replaced by a compatible product with the same FRU number offering same functionality.
- Refurbished printers may not have full ink cartridges or laser toners.
- Once an order is processed at our warehouse, it cannot be cancelled. A returned order will likely incur a restocking fee. See RMA page for details about restocking fees.
- Please note if you are concerned about any of the above conditions or have any question at all, we highly recommend that you contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-615-6227 before placing an order.