Lexmark MarkNet N8230 Print Server - 27X0812
- Part Number #
- In Stock
Manufacturer: Lexmark International, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number: 27X0812
Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.lexmark.com
Brand Name: Lexmark
Product Line: MarkNet
Product Model: N8230
Product Name: MarkNet N8230 Print Server
Marketing Information: Printing on ultra secure fiber networks.
The MarkNet N8230 is an internal print server that allows direct connection of a Lexmark printer or MFP to a fiber optic network. It is compatible with two Ethernet over multi-mode fiber standards: 100BASE-FX or 1000BASE-SX.
The fiber optic edge
Support the ultimate in communication bandwidth and security: fiber optic networking. The Lexmark MarkNet™ N8230 Fiber Ethernet Print Server supports network communications at the highest level of speed and security by interfacing one of two LC-standard fiber ports with your supported Lexmark device's internal Ethernet connection at full-duplex megabit (100Base-FX) or gigabit (1000Base-SX) fiber speeds.
Security and data accuracy
Fiber optics have greater electromagnetic immunity, eliminating the chance of radio frequency interference in electrically "noisy" environments such as a factory or warehouse. And since fiber optic systems do not radiate electromagnetic signals like copper transmission lines, even sophisticated electronic methods of intercepting information won't work.
Easy, integrated card installation
Install the card in your supported Lexmark device without external boxes or adapters. You get fiber connectivity in a single, easily installable internal card, shipped in configurations that support many Lexmark devices (see specifications), including appropriate adapters and documentation.
Network communications security
The print server supports SNMPv3, IPSec and 802.1x authentication data encryption for communication security in all supported printers and MFPs. Advanced functions such as VLAN filtering packet processing provide added speed.
Network Protocol Support
Simultaneous active protocol support allows you to print from different systems without reconfiguring. Like standard Lexmark Ethernet connections, that includes TCP/IP IPv4, TCP/IP IPv6, Novell (IPX/SPX including NetWare Directory Services) and LexLink (DLC/LLC). It even supports on-board verification of IP headers and TCP/UDP checksums for received data.
Embedded Web Page
The embedded web page allows administrators to flash update printer firmware or access printer settings using a web browser to easily monitor printer status and change default settings.
Product Type: Print Server
Network (RJ-45): No
Media & Performance
Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
Network & Communication
- Fast Ethernet
- Gigabit Ethernet
Form Factor: Internal
Environmentally Friendly: Yes
Environmental Certification: WEEE
Country of Origin: United States
Read Before Orderings
- Product images are for illustrative purposes only and the final product delivered may vary from the one shown above.
- In some cases, a product sold may arrive in different packaging than its original retail box. For bulk orders that are packaged together, product manuals or CDs may not always be available for each item.
- At checkout, the shipping cost is a general estimate which is subject to change depending on size/weight/quantity of ordered goods.
- Orders that contain end of life (EOL) products that are no longer in production may be replaced by a compatible product with the same FRU number offering same functionality.
- Refurbished printers may not have full ink cartridges or laser toners.
- Once an order is processed at our warehouse, it cannot be cancelled. A returned order will likely incur a restocking fee. See RMA page for details about restocking fees.
- Please note if you are concerned about any of the above conditions or have any question at all, we highly recommend that you contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-615-6227 before placing an order.